Saturday, February 20, 2016

Trudging along through Winter

Even though winter didn't officially start until after Christmas this year (remember it being 70 degrees that day?) it still seems long. 

Since early fall Eli has been enrolled in gymnastics and I think all of his effort is paying off. He really likes it and practices all the time. He rolls, sets up things around the house to jump over and is getting more daring with climbing and jumping off things.


We've also started going to an open gym at a nearby facility once a week. This is fun for the 3 of us, including Hannah. She loves to be bounced on the trampolines, "jump" in the foam pit and of course roll all over the place. I think it's just as helpful for her as it is for Eli. 


Over the past few weeks she has gotten a lot more brave. She is now pulling up and cruising the furniture. She still wants to move like Eli does, but she's just not there yet. 


I've always said she's my risky one and this past week she proved it. She lunged forward onto her water bottle and chipped her front tooth. Yes, bad mama moment, but it seems like no nerve is exposed and she's not bothered by it. In 6 months the dentist will either file it down or fill it in. 

     Yes, neither of our finest moments. 

Even though her progression seems slow, to me, it is good for me to look over the last month and see how far she's come. (The slowness is probably why I haven't felt there was anything to "update" on the blog). But, it gives me hope and helps me to see why all these therapies we participate in weekly are worth it. 

Here are a few more pictures of fun happenings over the past few weeks. 

Keith's birthday on February 13th. 

    A fun (and fancy) Valentine's Day ❤️

And some more sweet pics of the kiddos



So as we trudge along, we have hope. Hope for warmer weather days and times when both of my children will run around the backyard. 

All in due time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment