Monday, May 4, 2015

Maddie's Mission

I guess you can say I'm still reminiscing about our time in Austin.

However it does help that the weather in Louisville is absolutely gorgeous this week, so at least we didn't come back to rain and cold weather.

While we were there we got the chance to take some family pictures--yay!

A friend of mine is an amazing photographer and is really able to capture "moments" and not just your standard photo.  So, we were excited when she was available to spend some time with our family at a nearby park.

Of course this is what the weather was like when we arrived...

But the sun quickly came out.  

After our time together Lynn told me about a friend of hers who also had some sad experience with CMV.  Her daughter was named Maddie and her story is at the link above.  

It was so encouraging to talk with someone who had at least heard of the virus, however due to unfortunate circumstances.  She told me her friend had started an organization called Maddie's Mission in the Houston area and I should check out her page.  

Her website does give a lot of the facts and has some encouraging stories of kiddos who are doing really well (which you don't find online very often).  This organization is fundraising and working with TX representatives to increase the awareness of the virus in that state.  Bless them!

I have contacted this organization and a few others, when I come across them, to see what they are doing.  I do pray that my kids will not have to worry about this virus when they have kids.  

I'll leave you with a few other photos from our time together.  If you are in the Austin area and need a good photographer make sure you check out this link you won't be disappointed!   

priceless snuggles

 finally getting my girl to smile!

father & son

I love you

"Therefore we do not lose heart.
Though outwardly we are wasting away,
yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
2 Corinthians 4:16


No comments:

Post a Comment