Wednesday, July 22, 2015

There it sits


For at least 24 hours Hannah's right hearing aid will be housed in the dry & store. 

Why you ask?

Because Hannah took it off and chucked it into the pool today, she's getting very talented with that right hand. 

Of course, this Mama didn't realize it until a friend's daughter swam over and picked it up. Nice. 

Recently, I feel like I cannot get it all together. Is this different than other moms? Just a stage in my kiddos lives? The new normal? I have used the phrase "I'm losing my mind" more times than I wish to admit. 

I guess it could be a new normal that I have to accept, but I don't want to.  

I'm a person who (in the past) prided myself on having things in order, organized. I arrived on time, maybe early. Now I'm just lucky to get there some days. 

I know the point of my life is not to "look" like I have it all together. And if you talk with me for 5 minutes you will realize that's not the case. You will see that I'm just as human as the next mom. 

Christ doesn't love me because I'm organized, on time or have things together. He loves me despite my prideful thinking that I could ever have it all together. He knows my mess and sits patiently until I slow down. 

I love that. 

My life has changed since becoming a Mom of two. No longer can I hold everything and enforce discipline on my children. I'm not strong enough. Physically or mentally. 

Christ tells us to "Come to Him... and find rest". (Matt 11:28) He can take my scattered, weariness and renew it just by being still and allowing his love to wash over me. 

I'm so thankful. 

So, as I look at Hannah's hearing aid in the dry & store, just sitting. It reminds me to sit with Jesus a little while longer. 

On the upside only having her left hearing aid may encourage Hannah to start pulling that one out and using that left hand more--always looking for the silver lining

"Cast all your anxiety on him 
because he cares for you."
1 Peter 5:7

No comments:

Post a Comment